Do you have ancestors who served in the Civil War? April 1–15, Fold3 will be allowing free access to our Civil War collection to remember the commencement of the Civil War and commemorate Confederate History Month.
With more than 85 million records, Fold3’s Civil War collection provides a wealth of information for both ancestral and historical research. Explore Civil War soldier records, photographs, original war maps, widows’ pension files, court investigations, slave records, Lincoln records, and more.
The collection includes dozens of titles pertaining to the Union and Confederacy, such as:
- Soldier Service Records
- 1860 US Census
- Civil War “Widows’ Pensions” Files
- Civil War Pensions Index
- Southern Claims Commission
- Confederate Amnesty Papers
- Confederate Citizens File
- Navy Survivors’ Certificates
- Navy Widows’ Certificates
- Civil War Subversion Investigations
- Board of Commissioners – Emancipation of Slaves in DC
- Court Slave Records for DC
Join Fold3 during the month of April in paying tribute to those who fought in the bloody war—both North and South—and discover information about famous participants as well as your own Civil War ancestors through documents, photos, and images that capture the experiences of those involved in America’s deadliest conflict. Then commemorate your ancestors by creating or expanding Memorial Pages for them on Fold3’s Honor Wall.