Have you checked out Fold3’s new WWI Panoramic Unit Photos yet? This free collection, via the National World War I Museum, includes a variety of WWI-era panoramic images. Many of the photos are group shots of military units, but there are also group photos of other organizations connected to the military, as well as images of military cemeteries, Navy ships, military camps, and more.
The amount of information available varies per photo, but whenever possible, Fold3 has included the names of the individuals pictured and the description, military unit, location, and date.
Here are a few examples of the photos in this collection:
- The band of the 3rd Infantry, National Guard, in Kansas City, Missouri
- The 5th Regiment Marines at the U.S. Capitol
- 6 Military blimps with crews
- The 104th Aero Squadron Baseball Club
- The 170th Field Artillery Brigade and 24th Field Artillery Brigade spelling out “Camp Knox”
- The men of the 317th Ammunition, Company G
- The nurses of the Camp Bowie, Texas, base hospital
- The women of U.S. Base Hospital #29 in Denver
- The crew of the USS Utah
Interested in seeing more of these panoramic photos? Search or browse within the WWI Panoramic Unit Photos!