Earlier this month, we reached a major milestone when the counter on the Fold3 home page spun to and exceeded 100,000,000 record images. Our digital partners—the National Archives (NARA), Allen County Public Library, FamilySearch, and others—helped Fold3 attain this significant event. We thank them and you, our members and fans, for your support and enthusiasm over the last six years
In January 2007, Footnote.com (Fold3’s predecessor) launched with an initial 4 million images. Many of the Fold3 Team members have been around since those early days, watching the titles roll and the images multiply at an increasingly steady pace, assuring that our visitors can access an impressive range of original military records online.
The first sets of documents on the site proved very popular and continue to be some of Fold3’s biggest hits today. They include:
- Revolutionary War Pensions
- Civil War and Later Veterans Pension Index
- Missing Air Crew Reports
- Brady Civil War Photos
Since those early days, Fold3 has added many more popular titles, including:
- Civil War “Widows’ Pensions”
- Civil War Service Records: Union, Confederate, USCT
- War of 1812 Service Records and Pension Files
- WWII “Old Man’s Draft” Registration Cards
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- View the most recent list of new and updated titles
Here we are, one hundred million images strong, looking eagerly toward the next hundred million. At the pace our team is digitizing and scanning, it will certainly happen sooner than we think. You can catch up on all of Fold3’s significant achievements here on the Fold3 HQ Blog.