Anyone who has tried to research the military history of an ancestor knows that it can be difficult. Millions of military records were destroyed in a fire, leaving researchers to seek alternative ways to put together the pieces. We have found unit histories and military yearbooks are a great way to fill in the blanks.
Our archives of unit histories and military yearbooks keep expanding, thanks in part to you! Hundreds of you have allowed us to borrow and digitize your unit histories and yearbooks (we return them intact and undamaged). Your generous contributions have allowed thousands to find stories, histories, and first-hand accounts related to their ancestor’s service. All user-generated content is available free of charge on our site. If you have a unit history, military yearbook, military journal, or photographs and would like to share your records with others, contact us at [email protected]. We are honored to be entrusted with your valuable memories and promise to treat them as if they were our own. We’ll return your items to you undamaged after digitization.
Here are just a few of the items we added to the archives in December:
- Unit History from the 55th Fighter Group including the 38th Fighter Squadron.
- Unit History from the 35th Fighter Group including the 39th Fighter Squadron and the 40th Fighter Squadron.
- Unit History for the 42nd Bomb Group including the 100th and 106th Bomb Squadrons.
- Unit History for the 68th Tactical Reconnaissance Group with records from the 122nd Bomb Squad.
- Unit History for the 21st Bomb Group including records from the 313th, 314th, and 315th Bombardment Squadrons.
- Unit History for the 88th Bomb Group including records from the 316th, 317th, and 318th Bombardment Squadrons.
- Unit History for the 90th Bomb Group with records of the 319th Bombardment Squadron.
- Unit History for the 304th Bombardment Wing including records from the 454th, 455th, 456th, and 459th Bombardment Groups.
- Unit History of the 314th Bombardment Wing