We launched some new and updated features this morning that we wanted to let you know about.
Keep in mind that most of these are just the first step toward things that we’re working on. We hope you’ll use them in these early stages and send us your feedback so we can include your suggestions as we work on future versions.
The main additions with this update are:
- New tools for organizing Your Gallery
- An overhaul of the upload process
- New tools for connecting images and explaining their relationships
- The ability to link to or embed Spotlights on your own web page
- A new tour page that explains what you can do on Footnote
The new tour page explains many of the other features we’ve added, so I’ll talk about that one here and we’ll cover the others in more detail in future posts.
Take a Tour
You can get to the new tour page by clicking the “Take a Tour” button at the top of the home page.
When you get there, you’ll find a list of things you can do on Footnote running down the left side of the page. Click on any of the items in the left column and you’ll see details about that activity in the right-hand pane.
We plan to add video examples and an updated introduction to Footnote to this page in the near future. We hope the tour will provide the information you need to make the most of your time on Footnote.