For those who haven’t been to Footnote lately, we recently added some exciting new records. Just taking a couple of minutes to skim these new titles, I found interesting stories about the battles and administration in WWI & WWII as well as aerial photographs of bombing targets in Japan. Here are those new titles:
- WWII JAG Case Files, Pacific – Army: Trial documents relating to Japanese prisoners of war and crimes
- WWII JAG Case Files, Pacific – Navy: Trial documents relating to Japanese prisoners of war and crimes
- Naval Press Clippings: Newspaper clippings from World War II through 1960
- Japanese Air Target Analyses: World War II Japanese air target analysis, objectives, and aerial photographs
- WWI Military Cablegrams: 1917-1919 – Cablegrams exchanged between General Headquarters and the War Department.
- American Colonization Society: 1792-1964 – Documents relating to the organization best known for its role in founding Liberia.
- Admiralty Records, Key West: 1829-1911 – Records covering ransom and salvage cases and maritime contracts
- Utah Territorial Case Files: Judicial records prior to Utah statehood
To see sample images from each of these titles, visit the New and Upcoming Content page.